Ring Size Tips
- Our dominant hands are generally slightly larger — make sure you measure the right finger on the correct hand!
- Rings with wider bands will fit a bit tighter. If you plan to measure one of your partner's rings, try to measure one with a similar width as the ring you want to purchase.
- Make sure the finger is at normal body temperature — fingers can shrink or expand when hot or cold.
- Your fingers tend to change size throughout the day — the best time to measure your finger is the end of the day.
- If your knuckle is bigger, take 2 measurements and choose a size in between — ring needs to fit over knuckle but not be too loose or it will shift around.
- If you are aiming for a surprise, read our tips about How to Measure Ring Size for a Surprise Proposal.
- When you don’t know your partner’s ring size, selecting one of the standard ring sizes is your best choice. The average ring size for women is 6 to 7, and the average ring size for men is 9 to 10.
The average ring size for women is size 7.00. A ring should fit secure enough so that it will never fall off. It should have a loose comfortable fit when sliding it over your knuckle.